Conrad O’Brien prides itself in maintaining a down-to-earth, collegial, and flexible work environment that fosters passion and growth amongst its attorneys and staff. We encourage our employees to do their professional best and motivate them through respect, mentoring and friendship.
Whether you are a practicing attorney interested in lateral opportunities, a recent law school graduate, or a professional seeking an administrative position, please consider what Conrad O’Brien has to offer you and your future.
For staff/administration positions, please address to the attention of Robyn Henry, Director of Administration and for attorney positions, address to the attention of Frank R. Emmerich Jr., Partner.
We appreciate your interest in Conrad O’Brien.
Current Openings: Administrative Assistant
One of our assistants is retiring next month so we have a full time opening for an admin assistant. The job details are below and this person is expected to work with 4 attorneys. While experience is helpful, we will consider entry level folks who are eager to learn and have other good skills. If interested, please send resumes and cover letter to Robyn Henry at email@example.com.
Job Outline: The Administrative Assistant performs a full range of legal secretarial and related duties in support of assigned attorneys and the ongoing operations of the office. This role requires the ability to multi task, be highly organized and work well in a fast paced environment. Attention to detail is critical.
• Receives and screens telephone calls; responds to inquiries on a variety of matters including but not limited to: status of pending cases, administrative and court rules, etc. (in-house)
• Knowledge and ability to utilize all of the Firm’s computer programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, Juris, etc.
• Submits attorney timesheets into Juris
• Prepares, proofreads and edits legal documents such as pleadings, briefs, opinions, complaints, administrative decisions, order, subpoenas, etc. from verbal or written instructions, dictation, rough drafts or other materials which may be difficult to interpret and/or format
• Understands and can perform all duties in preparing filings, including but not limited to table of contents, table of citations, track changes, formatting, etc.
• Sorts, opens, scans, copies, attaches incoming correspondence to case file and related materials and distributes same to attorneys, paralegals, etc.
• Composes routine letters, memos and emails
• Ensures e-mails and files are properly saved into Document Management System
• Reviews legal documents to ensure they are in proper format and contain all necessary portions, forms or related documents for court acceptance, arranges filing of legal documents with Office Service Department
• Prepares and sends electronic filing to various courts
• Assists in preparation of reports such as expense reports, check requests, credit card spreadsheets, etc.
• Sends invoices over $500 directly to client for payment; maintains a follow-up system for such
• Records, schedules and maintains attorney calendars, including making commitments for meetings, conferences or other engagements to ensure no scheduling conflicts. Schedules depositions and conferences, notifies all parties; arranges travel for attorneys including transportation and hotel reservations
• Ability to “cover” reception area if needed; Work with multiple attorneys as needed (ie buddy system or be a “fill in” for work overflow)
• Does day to day clerical needs that arise on behalf of attorney
• Assists with making sure bills are sent to clients in a timely fashion. We have a Billing Manager to do the edits but this is a top priority given the attorneys involved.
Conrad O’Brien is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, age, religion, disability, handicap, creed, color, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.