Conrad O’Brien prides itself in maintaining a down-to-earth, collegial, and flexible work environment that fosters passion and growth amongst its attorneys and staff. We encourage our employees to do their professional best and motivate them through respect, mentoring and friendship.
Whether you are a practicing attorney interested in lateral opportunities, a recent law school graduate, or a professional seeking an administrative position, please consider what Conrad O’Brien has to offer you and your future.
Please direct all cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. For staff/administration positions, please address to the attention of Robyn Henry, Director of Administration and for attorney positions, address to the attention of Frank R. Emmerich Jr., Partner.
Thank you for your interest in Conrad O’Brien. We have decided not to participate in the Summer Program for 2017 so are unable to review those resumes at this time. We wish you the best of luck in your search and invite you to check our web site in the future for job opportunities. Thank you.
We appreciate your interest in Conrad O’Brien.
Information Technology Manager
Reports to: Director of Administration
Hours: 40 per week
Note: Must be on call 24-7 due to nature of the role
Job Overview: The Information Technology Manager will plan, direct and manage the IT Department in order to ensure the development and implementation of cost-effective systems and efficient/secure computer operations to meet current and future business needs. This person will provide Firm-wide direction and support in areas of policy and planning for network administration / help desk, hardware and software management, and software application and web based development.
General Duties and Working Knowledge:
• Develop and deploy strategic plans identifying information technology applications to support business objectives and build a platform for future growth. Work with the IT and operating departments to develop the strategic plan and present to upper management.
• Create project plans to detail the steps required to implement technology initiatives including developing project schedules with appropriate resources, adequate funding and timely delivery. Participate in all aspects of project deployment including product research, vendor interviewing and contracting and IT testing.
• Direct the design, development and maintenance of systems, programs, and systems software to meet the needs of the Firm. Evaluate equipment, software and processes continuously; recommending changes as appropriate and executing installation. Upgrade and maintain ERP and other key systems in the organization.
• Oversee and direct the Firm’s virtualized enterprise program which includes autonomic computing to enable the IT environment to manage itself based on perceived activity and to centralize administrative tasks while improving scalability and workloads.
• Establish IT policies, standards, practices and security measures and ensure they are documented, effective, consistent and repeatable. Ensure system administration policies are compliant with audit, security and other governance principles. Develop an environment with robust processes and controls.
• Lead software application and report development, maintenance and support using tools such as .NET suite and SQL. Utilize SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) to create, deploy, and manage reports for each department within the Company. Work to extend, customize and improve reporting functionality as necessary.
• Monitor, manage and maintain connectivity of all network resources including servers, desktops, laptops, telephony equipment, and other network appliances. Plan and schedule installation of hardware upgrades, software updates and upgrades and installation of new products. Procure equipment when needed.
• Hands on administration of Enterprise-class applications which may include, but are not limited to, FileSite Document Management System, Microsoft Applications, MS Exchange 2010, Active Directory, Group Policy Management, SQL, eFax, Mimecast, and other internal applications.
• Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds may be needed to carry work materials
• Hands on Experience & solid understanding of virtualization technologies along with the ability to support day-to-day Microsoft Hyper V Cluster / VMWare 6.0 tasks and troubleshooting.
• Hands on Experience & solid understanding of SAN technologies along with the ability to perform day-to-day Dell EqualLogic SAN tasks and troubleshooting.
• Experience implementing, operating and maintaining all aspects of mobile technology (video conferencing, teleconferencing, PDAs, etc).
• Knowledge and experience with enterprise-wide application software/and reporting tools.
• Experience supporting PC’s, laptops, workstations and associated software for at least 50 end users.
• Strong understanding of basic technical architectures including LAN, WAN and VPN.
• Attends administrative meetings and participates in special projects as requested
Conrad O’Brien is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, age, religion, disability, handicap, creed, color, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.